Go to top of page


Permits and licences

This application can be used to apply for a permit or licence to conduct activities in a Commonwealth reserve. For information on the activities and locations that you can apply for, visit our Permit and licence information page.

How to apply

To start a new permit or licence application you will need to register an account for Online Services, you will then be able to log in and start an application from your dashboard. If you have already logged in, the "Apply" button can be found at the bottom of this page.

Permit and Licence conditions

Permits and Licences will be issued subject to conditions on the approved activity. Conditions can be viewed on the Permit and Licence Conditions page. Please ensure that you and any proposed authorisation holders or participants understand and will be able to meet your obligations under the permit or licence. We will contact you if further conditions need to be added following assessment of your application. Failure to abide by these conditions may lead to your permit being suspended or cancelled, or your approval being revoked, and may affect future applications.

Apply well in advance

Depending on the complexity of the application and any assessments or consultations that are required, some applications can take up to three months to be finalised. For more information on processing times or specific cut-off dates, please Contact the park.

Privacy Notice

The Director is authorised to request personal information from permit applicants under the Environment Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Regulations 2000 (EPBC Regulations). This information is used to assess permit applications and manage activities within Commonwealth reserves.

If you are applying for a permit in Kakadu National Park, Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park or Booderee National Park your personal information may be provided to the park's Board of Management for the purpose of assessing your application.

If you are applying for a scientific research permit and the research requires access to biological resources we will provide your information to the Department to issue a permit under Part 8A of the EPBC Regulations. The Department is required to publish details of Part 8A permits issued on a publicly accessible Register. The Register can be accessed at www.environment.gov.au/resource/list-permits-issued.

Your personal information may be disclosed to other Commonwealth (and in some circumstances, state and territory) government departments and agencies where it is required by or authorised under law or where it is reasonably necessary for law enforcement.

Further information

For help completing your application, visit our Help Centre.

If you cannot find the information you require in the Help Centre, please Contact Us directly.

Permits and licences are subject to the EPBC Act and Regulations as well as Management Plans in effect for each park – please visit Parks Australia for more information.


Apply Register